It’s been a month or so since I stopped writing on the blog. Everything got away from me this past month. I hadn’t been able to properly manage my time. However, I want to start the new year with goals. Why not a resolution?
I think of a resolution like a decision. You decide to do or not to do something. In the grand scheme of things, it’s great but it hasn’t worked for me. Maybe I didn’t put too much effort into it. Saying this, a goal is something I can work toward. They can be measured.
Some of my goals are aimed at creative writing, and some are aimed toward daily life, etc.
For Creative Writing:
- I want to write more on the blog. If not weekly then bi-weekly at least.
- I want to finish the first draft of my second novel (in a series)
- Start sending out queries for the first book in a series
- Become more active on social media e.g. more daily posts (3 or 4 a day)
For Daily Life:
- I want to be healthier which means exercising a bit and eating healthier e.g. choosing yogurt over a donut
- Manage household chores a little better
- Continue drawing
- Keep learning digital art
- Crochet and finish more projects
The best thing to remember is to break it down into manageable steps for each goal. That way, I won’t become overwhelmed with everything I want to accomplish in the new year. But, first and foremost, enjoy the little successes.