The end of my summer vacation brings excellent news. Sure, I go back to work in two days, but I managed to finish one of my goals this summer. I wouldn’t have been able to do it without proper time management and the writing schedule I set up all those weeks ago.
I’ve finished editing a novel I’ve been working on for a while. Overall, I believe my book is finished. I’ve been looking for a couple of beta readers now and I have two so far. Possibly three. I’m thinking maybe five beta readers to start with is a good number.
The beta readers can finish reading the book by September. Having a deadline of three to four weeks isn’t bad. While not everyone reads at the same pace, it’s a realistic goal. In the meantime, I’ll keep building my agent list to query and definitely make sure my query letter is perfect. I think that’s going to be the hard part. Writing the query letter and even the synopsis will be difficult.
Either way, I’m excited to start this part of the journey. If all goes well, I can send out my query letters before agents start closing for the holidays. Wish me luck.